What is LIFE of an ATHLETE?
When you stop and think about the purpose of activities for youth, it is important to be reminded that the objective goes far beyond winning, championships, season records and the scoreboard. Athletics is the largest target population that exists in any community.
Try to visualize how important our job in athletics is and the positive impact it can have on youth and communities; the potential it has in developing in youth many of the life skills and abilities they will need to be successful as adults and in the world. Take pride in what you do and how you do it. Set standards that are never compromised. Remember, first and foremost, our job is to teach young people how to prepare for life. Now it is up to you to make a positive difference in the life of an athlete.
• Positive Social Bonding
• Clear and Consistent Boundaries
• Life Skills
• Caring and supportive Stakeholders
• Set high but realistic Expectations
• Provide Opportunities for Meaningful Experiences
• Parental involvement
- Sleep and recovery
- Nutrition for recovery and adaptation
- Energy Drinks and Caffeine
- Over the counter medication misuse/abuse